Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More useless information about Megan Fox: She uses a thumb double.

I always love finding little behind-the-scenes stories, especially ones as offbeat as this: "The Faces Behind the Famous Hands", which you can find on Slate. Who comes up with this idea? "Hey, I think people of the world will want to become better informed about the identities and resumes of hand models." And then someone actually goes out and researches this!

But seriously, isn't it cool to know how hand models keep their phalanges looking so nice and smooth? According to this article, it requires a lot of lotion and wearing gloves all the time.



<<< Not exactly what Zoolander told me, but I'll give Slate the benefit of the doubt.

I know it would be such a fun story to do. I love talking to people about things like this: out-of-the-ordinary professions, crazy coincidences, their grooming regimens. It's the kind of information that doesn't really come up in regular conversation but is still so darn fascinating.

Although it's not my life goal to search out the "faces behind famous toes" or "the teeth behind famous lips" (because honestly, disembodied body parts are a little weird if you think too much about them), I do see myself putting together a little click-through photo feature like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment